We are expanding our team! We are looking for a Director of Major Gifts. The Director of Major Gifts is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee portfolio of 150-200 donors.
- Responsible for the donor journey including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship
- Raise revenue and manage fundraising program activities including but not limited to: relationship strategy development, prospect identification, solicitation and engagement, proposal development, recognition and appreciation efforts as related to current and new major gift income sources.
- Manage and support individual, family foundation and planned giving development strategies, initiatives and campaigns
- Deliver training for donors, staff and volunteers as appropriate on gift planning to advance knowledge and foster opportunities in gift conversations and strategy development.
- Remain current in gift planning trends and fundraising techniques by attending meetings and conferences and participating in training programs.
- In coordination with Marketing and Communications, create consistent, powerful and compelling messaging as it relates to major gift development efforts.
- Collaboration with Resource Development to enhance relationships and increase opportunities
- Prepare and present oral and written reports and funding requests, including grants.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of fundraising and cultivation events.
- Partners with leadership within the UWCIL to manage partner relationships, including incorporating engagement in affinity groups and volunteer opportunities.
- Provide support to the CEO regarding fundraising and special projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years’ work experience in individual, foundation, and corporate giving/sponsorship development role. Relevant experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to deliver compelling call-to-action cases at a variety of levels.
- Solid knowledge of IRS guidelines for charitable giving.
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting functions including project management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to adapt quickly and easily to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to manage a high volume of assignments with varying complexity and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with integrity and professionalism
- Proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office Suite and other computer skills as required.
- Salary Range of $65,000-$70,000
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule
- Retirement Plan