United Way’s Annual Giving Campaign in local workplaces is about bringing people together to tackle our community’s most difficult issues because no one person or organization can do it alone. Whether you’re a small business, major corporation or even a nonprofit, you can join thousands of businesses and organizations nationwide that run workplace campaigns each year.
Participating in the United Way Annual Giving Campaign in your workplace gives organizations and their employees the chance to learn about our community’s needs and give them a convenient opportunity to get involved.
From local office supply stores to national manufacturers, we partner with a wide variety of businesses in many different industries and recognize individuals and organizations that run excellent campaigns at our annual meeting.
Every workplace campaign is different and can be shaped around your organization’s culture. Setting up and running a campaign is simple and we can help you every step of the way.
We can help you set up your campaign so that employees can contribute through payroll deductions or easy-to-use online tools. Many companies double their impact by matching their employees’ giving dollar for dollar.
Why Run a Workplace Campaign with United Way?
Running a Giving Campaign is good for your company, good for your employees and good for our community.
Good for your company
- 75 percent of consumers say they have a more positive image of a company or product when it supports a cause they care about.*
- We know your time is valuable and we make it as easy as possible for your employees to participate. Depending on your needs, we offer the option of paper or online pledging.
- United Way processes all donations, even donations directed to other organizations – no need for a third-party pledge processor.
- Focusing your organization toward a common goal helps energize employees, build morale and increase teamwork.
- United Way can help you meet your corporate philanthropy goals and the interests of your employees, while also making your giving dollars go farther.
Good for your employees
- Three out of four employees say it is important that the company they work for helps the community. And 65 percent think it is important for a company to offer employees the option to give to charity through payroll deduction.**
- With payroll deduction, it is easy and convenient for employees to support the community and causes they believe in.
- Through our volunteer program, your employees can easily sign up for volunteer opportunities that fit their interests and schedules.
Good for the community
- It is a smart investment. United Way provides the most efficient and effective way to make a difference in our community so you and your employees can give with confidence.
- When your employees donate to United Way, their gift is invested to help those in need thanks to our Community Sponsors.
- By helping to secure essential services, while investing in the future of our children, United Way is creating more hopeful futures for generations to come.
*2011 Do Well. Do Good. Cause Marketing Survey
**2011 UWCW Public Opinion Poll
Start a Giving Campaign Now
Please call the Director of Resource Development at 217.726.7000.
Giving at the workplace brings us together, and makes us feel good about ourselves and the companies we work for.
United Way of Central Illinois’ annual workplace giving campaign creates that good feeling of knowing that you have done the right thing and made someone else’s life better.
For more than 90 years, United Way of Central Illinois has been the catalyst behind community improvement, investing millions of dollars each year to protect those who are struggling while building a more hopeful future for our children.
Please join us in making our community a better place to live, work, and raise children. Because we are all better when we work together…we are all better united.
Looking for a pledge form? Co-workers with question?
Give us a call, contact your company’s Employee Campaign Coordinator, or find printable versions of pledge forms and campaign materials in our Campaign Toolkit.
To find out if your company has a United Way workplace campaign, please contact your human resources department.
Interested in starting a campaign at your company? Please contact the Director of Resource Development at 217.726.7000