Read to kids. Deliver Meals. Plant a garden. Decide how United Way dollars are spent.
Volunteers make our community a wonderful place.
Want to get started right way?
- Become a volunteer.
- Participate in United Way’s Fall or Spring Day of Action
- Companies: Looking to organize a day of service for your organization? Learn more here.
- Nonprofits: Have projects? We have volunteers. Submit your projects here.
United Way of Central Illinois is our region’s main resource for volunteering. Working with our local nonprofit community, we have a variety of programs, projects and resources to meet your needs.
We connect people to quality opportunities to serve, build capacity for local volunteering, raise awareness of the value volunteers bring to our communities and mobilize volunteers to effectively and efficiently meet local needs.
Get Connected – Presented by U.S. Bank
Get Connected is United Way’s volunteer website. The website offers any local nonprofit or community group in need of volunteers to post volunteer opportunities, in-kind needs, upcoming events and even employment needs.
Get Connected then allows members of our community to respond to those needs, easily share with friends, create volunteer groups, track service hours, and even receive notifications when your favorite nonprofit posts a new need.
Get Connected has quickly become our region’s #1 source for locating and responding to local volunteer needs.
Looking to organize a day of service for your organization?
There are many ways for companies and community groups to have a vital role in addressing pressing needs in our community and to actively take part in making our community a better place to live.
United Way can provide a variety of ways to help your organization carry out its philanthropic objectives.
- Join other local companies and organizations during United Way’s Day of Action
- Contact us at 217.726.7000 to help organize a day of service for your organization.
- Contact us at 217.726.7000 to schedule an agency tour, arrange an agency speaker, schedule a company fair, or schedule a campaign presentation.