United Way of Central Illinois is seeking volunteers to serve on Vision Councils in the areas of Basic Needs, Education, Financial Stability and Health.
Vision Councils are four separate teams of 8-13 community volunteers with knowledge/experience in the specific issue areas named above. Councils are convened by United Way of Central Illinois for the following purposes:
• To work with partners to solve crucial problems in the community
• To invest Community Fund dollars in programs with measurable results and outcomes
• To create documents necessary for an annual grant process
• To develop and continuously review the strategic investment plan of UWCIL
The ideal candidate for any of the Issue Area Vision Councils would meet the following criteria*:
• Knowledgeable about the issues children, individuals, and families face as it pertains to specific priorities and strategies in Basic Needs, Education, Financial Stability, or Health
• Ability to understand quality programs, quality improvement, and research in order to make informed decisions
• Available to meet at least monthly or as needed
• Committed to serve a three year term
• Has no personal or familial conflicts with organizations seeking funds within their chosen Vision Council
• Team-Player capable of respecting the thoughts and opinions of others and the community in order to present a united voice on decisions of the Vision Council
• *Being a United Way donor is not a requirement of participation
Applicants will be asked to complete a simple application and attend an in-person meeting.
Diversity of candidates will be considered to ensure volunteers reflect the makeup of our community.
If you or someone you know meets the criteria described above please have them contact Katrina Hays at email@example.com.
We need your help in identifying the next class of amazing and talented volunteers. Please download the flyers below and share this message with individuals you believe would have an interest in helping United Way make an impact in the community.
- BASIC NEEDS VISION COUNCIL RECRUITMENT FLYER
- EDUCATION VISION COUNCIL RECRUITMENT FLYER
- FINANCIAL STABILITY VISION COUNCIL RECRUITMENT FLYER
- HEALTH VISION COUNCIL RECRUITMENT FLYER
As we say, to live better, we must LIVE UNITED.
Thank you for your support!