On September 10, 2014, the Becker Family (Dale, Cathy, Emily & Christine Becker and Sarah & Sam Sevener), kicked off the 2014 United Way Campaign. The kickoff breakfast was a football -themed pep rally complete with cheerleaders, pompons, megaphones and air horns at the Crowne Plaza with a record crowd of over 420 strong United Way supporters.
Keeping with the football theme, it is now half time in this year’s United Way campaign and we need your help in the second half on our United Way team to help us reach our goal this year of $ 3 million.
Here is What You Can Do to Help:
- Copy this post and email it to five of your friends, relatives, neighbors and encourage them to become United Way supporters.
- If you are a current United Way supporter and have not made your donation yet this year, please do so using the attached pledge form. Please consider a 5% increase over last year.
- If you are not a current United Way supporter, please consider becoming one. Learn more about the good United Way does for Springfield by reading the attached pamphlet and visiting the United Way website and watching this year’s United Way campaign video.
- If you are a business owner or employer, please consider running an employee campaign. It is the most efficient way to raise money for United Way through easy payroll deductions. Please contact me to make arrangements to run your employee campaign with the help of the United Way staff.
- If you are a current donor and have already made your donation this year, thank you very much for your support of our United Way.
There are many good causes out there, so why the United Way? Here’s why the Beckers feel so strongly about our United Way:
- It is the best way to help thousands of people with different needs right here in Springfield with your one donation.
- It accomplishes this by providing programs through the 31 United Way agencies.
- We love this wrap-around concept of the United Way. It’s like giving Springfield a hug.
- United Way programs provide essential services that address the basic needs of food, shelter, healthcare and victim services. But, also provide lifelong learning initiatives to offer life skills and educational support. It’s like the old parable, “we’ll give you a fish, but also teach you how to fish”.
- 100% of your donation goes directly to support health and human service programs in Springfield. All administrative expenses are underwritten by 9 generous companies right here in Springfield.
- A strong Springfield needs a strong United Way.
This year’s United Way campaign is historic because it is the first year that an entire family has chaired the campaign. We are proud and honored to lead this year’s campaign as a family. We feel we are better together as a family and, Springfield is better when working together to support our United Way.
Please contact us if you have any questions or if we can help in any way.
Dale, Cathy, Emily, Christine, Sarah and Sam