United is accepting applications for the position of Marketing and Communications Specialist. Qualifie applicants should submit their resume to Jarid Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Monday, May 6, 2019.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position performs complex marketing and communications activities including social media and maintaining the organization’s electronic presence. Responsible for design and development of campaign, advertising and related materials, plans and directs special event activities and administers the organization’s CRM databases.
The major responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
Marketing Communications/Social Media
- Develop, maintain and create strategies for use of online communication tools including, but not limited to the website, Facebook Fan Page, Twitter, LinkedIn and e-newsletter.
- Implementation of segmented communications based on donor profiles in cooperation with United Way’s customer relationship management strategies.
- Serves as the organization’s communications liaison to partner organizations, key community leadership, community volunteers and public leadership.
- Plan, direct and implement year-round communication strategies and activities to support the organization’s fundraising and public information efforts. Serves as the communications advisor to the President, Board of Directors and staff regarding all issues of public interest, including crises.
- Manage all aspects of media relations including composing press releases & editorials, developing and overseeing press events, enhancing media relationships, and providing talking points and press materials, as needed.
- Produce and implement a year-round media buy strategy that informs our target audiences and supports resource development by communicating community impact. Develop recommendations for and administer the financial aspects of the annual communications budget.
Marketing Materials/Graphic Design
- Create and oversee the production of marketing and communications materials (i.e. TV & radio commercials, campaign video, brochures & booklets, press kit, print ads & billboards, annual report, etc).
- Develop and oversee all aspects of special events to include concept, message development, mailings, and event logistics (special events include, but are not limited to, annual meeting, kickoff breakfast, Leaders’ Guild receptions, Day of Action and allocation announcement.).
United Way Worldwide Digital Services
- Activities related to UWW Digital Services and shared marketing activities.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a major in communications, marketing or related field; or two years of demonstrated, equivalent experience, in a similar professional environment.
- Highly motivated, organized, polished, creative, and articulate communicator (oral and written) with strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under tight time constraints.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen for daily operations and annual planning.
- Models exemplary personal values, including achievement orientation, integrity, flexibility, continuous learning and self-mastery, and inclusiveness.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUESTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to perform tasks which involves the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work on a daily basis. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
Resumes may be emailed to Jarid Brown at email@example.com.