United Way of Central Illinois would like to thank our volunteers who participated in the Spring Virtual Days of Action.
Our community joined UNITED for our Health Day of Action by becoming someone’s COVID Angel. Our community members took action to share information about COVID Vaccination availability and shared how they could help someone make an appointment.
Dr. Paul Hudson with Springfield-IL Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc dropped into United Way and stated, “we are doing our part and sharing with the community where they can get their vaccinations and how to get there.” He went on to say that “this is what LIVING UNITED means, taking care of your neighbors, friends and loved ones to help our communities well-being and health”.
For our second Day of Action, donors came by to donate Summer Program Supplies. These donors came through in a big way and donated 4,954 Summer Program Supplies which supported five local programs.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Illinois
- Compass for Kids
- Camp Kindergarten: a program of Springfield Public Schools
- Springfield Urban League, and
- Springfield YMCA
Thanks to these supplies, these summer programs will kick off to a great start!
On the third Day of Action, we again saw multiple donors show up to donate Baby Supplies for our Baby Supply Drive! These supplies will ensure parents in our community will not go without the essential supplies needed to care for their babies. Our donors were able donate 3,493 diapers, 281 containers of formula, 230 assorted baby items, and 100 packs of wipes to support:
- Mini O’Beirne Crisis Nursery
- Contact Ministries
Thank you for showing parents and infants in our community that you care and that we join UNITED
For our fourth Day of Action, United Way of Central IL, Horace Mann, Express Employment Professional, Lincoln Land Community College and District 186 UNITED to host their first-ever Mock Interview event for the Juniors and Seniors within the AVID programs of Springfield Public Schools, District 186. This event reached 68 students to
Thank you for being a part of our vision for our Education Work, helping children learn, achieve, and succeed while engaging families and communities.
We would like to send another special thanks to the following organizations for volunteering for our Mock Interviews:
- AFSCME 31
- Baby TALK
- Clarity Partners HR & Recruiting
- Crawford, Murphy, and Tilly, Inc.
- Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln
- Express Employment Professionals
- Goodwill Industries
- Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Heartland Continuum of Care
- Heartland Credit Union
- Hinshaw Law
- Horace Mann
- IL – CMS
- IL – Dept of Transportation
- IL – Dept. of Revenue
- IL – General Assembly
- IL – State Police
- IL – Work Net
- Illinois Educators Credit Union
- Illinois State University
- Kerber Eck & Braeckel LLP
- Lincoln Land Community College
- Marine Bank
- Memorial Health Systems
- Perkins Coie LLP (Accounting)
- Regional Office of Education
- Springfield Hotel and Lodging Association
- Simplex, Inc
- Solomon Colors
- Springfield Clinic
- Springfield Electric
- Springfield Public Schools Dist 186
- Springfield Sangamon Growth Alliance
- Springfield Urban League
- Springfield YMCA
- University of Illinois Springfield
- United Way of Central Illinois
- Visit Springfield
- Wells Fargo