Information about Coronavirus/COVID-19 is changing rapidly as we learn more information this page will be updated as it becomes available.
United Way’s primary concern is the safety and health of our community. We are watching the developments closely in our region. This page is dedicated with up to date information about services available in our region.
For information on how you can volunteer, click here
For general information about the virus, click here.
COVID-19 RESPONSE FUND
United Way of Central Illinois and The Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln have joined together to create the COVID-19 Response Fund to deploy resources to community-based organizations at the front lines of a coronavirus spread in Illinois’ greater capital region. The Fund is designed to complement the work of public health officials and expand local capacity to address all aspects of the outbreak as efficiently as possible.
For more information, click here
Anyone wanting information regarding the Coronavirus/COVID-19 or related services is encouraged to call 2-1-1 or 1-888-865-9903. This confidential, toll free call is available 24/7 to provide the most accurate and up to date information from our country’s most trusted and reliable experts.
Illinois Department for Public Health:
To watch Illinois COVID-19 Press Updates, please click here.
- COVID-19 Hotline 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com
Sangamon County Department of Public Health:
- Updates: https://scdph.org/2020/03/covid-19/
Economic Assistance for Illinois Families
- Apply for unemployment insurance if you are without access to paid sick leave or unable to work because of COVID-19. Call IDES at 1-88-244-5631 or visit www2.illinois.gov/ides
City Water, Light and Power (CWLP) Customers
- Customers facing financial hardship can request flexible payment plans by calling 789-2030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Apply to the USBG National Charitable Foundations’ Bartender Emergency Assistance Program. Click here for eligibility requirements and to apply.