Each of us have the opportunity to both promote our own end-of-the-year giving opportunities, but at the same time raise awareness for the importance of giving local and keeping those dollars in our community.
Working together also gives us the opportunity to demonstrate the generosity of our community during the holiday season, demonstrate how those gifts were used, and create a benchmark to see if our collective efforts are increasing the level of charitable giving, including volunteerism, at year end.
This November & December, United Way is teaming up with Donor’s Forum and The Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln to encourage our community to Give Local this holiday season.
Throughout the holiday season we will the various ways people can support local organizations and programs in our community.
UWCIL will be creating a special page on our website and Get Connected, working with local media outlets and advertisers to promote local giving and volunteer opportunities.
In order for your giving or volunteer opportunity to be listed in our online Holiday Giving Directory, organizations will need to:
1. Register as a participating organization on the #ILGIVE website.
2. Email any Giving Tuesday, holiday giving or end-of-the-year campaign information to Jarid Brown at email@example.com.
3. Post any holiday volunteer opportunities or in-kind needs on Get Connected, volunteer.springfieldunitedway.org. Only volunteer opportunities, in-kind needs or special events posted to Get Connected will be included.
4. Report back any results of the year-end campaign or volunteer activities to United Way.
In addition to United Way’s efforts, Donors Forum is providing additional assistance to local organizations as part of the #ILGIVE Campaign. Organizations registered on the #ILGIVE website have the opportunity to:
• Utilize the marketing and promotional resources developed by Donors Forum in conjunction with #ILGIVE.
• Access professional fundraising services, free of charge, to help organizations plan and execute a year-end giving campaign.
• Be included in Donor’s Forum’s statewide promotion of #ILGIVE on #GivingTuesday.
If you were unable to attend the earlier meeting, you can learn more about the statewide #ILGIVE campaign and #GivingTuesday at a webinar on:
Monday, November 2 I 11:00 am – Noon
You can register for the webinar here.
* Reporting results allows us to create a benchmark for future holiday campaigns and allows us the opportunity to develop collaborative year-end marketing campaigns and grow end-of-the-year charitable giving and volunteerism in the years to come.