“Destiny is not a matter of chance, but of choice. Not something to wish for, but to attain.”
William Jennings Bryan
Building Sangamon and Menard Counties into a vibrant region where individuals and families thrive, where people work together to protect its most vulnerable citizens, ensure a safe and healthy community, address its most challenging issues and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
Improving lives by uniting our community to address the basic needs, education, financial stability and health of every person
United Way strengthens the community by:
- mobilizing human and financial capital to improve community conditions
- organizing collaborative solutions and making long-term investments in the areas of Health, Education and Financial Stability,
- protecting services vital to the immediate needs of the most vulnerable members of the community
- promoting volunteerism, philanthropy and advocacy
- maintaining the highest standards of ethics, accountability and transparency
United Way of Central Illinois Diversity Statement
United Way of Central Illinois fosters and promotes an inclusive environment that leverages the unique contributions of diverse individuals and organizations so that we can collectively and effectively create opportunities for a better life for all.
We focus on promoting an inclusive environment, not just in employment, but in every aspect of our business, where everyone respects and values the contributions of all people. The different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives of our community strengthen the quality of our work and the success of our organizations.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what it means to LIVE UNITED.
100% of all contributions to United Way’s Community Fund go directly to programs providing services in our region.
Each year, United Way funds invests millions of dollars to fund programs addressing the most critical needs in our community.
United Way is an independent agency, with funding, financial and management decisions being made by leaders from our community.