For anyone who needs relief from the cold, the following locations have been designated as warming centers throughout Springfield. These businesses will serve as warming stations during the stated hours.
- Fifth Street Renaissance/SARA Center 1315 North 5th Street Monday Friday 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
- Helping Hands 1023 E. Washington Street Monday Friday 8:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m. (closed between 12-noon 1:00 p.m. each day)
- Illinois Department of Human Services 600 E. Ash Street, Bldg. 500 Monday Friday 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
- Kumler United Methodist Church (Warming Wednesdays), 600 N. 5th Street, Wednesday 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Kumler Outreach Ministries, 303 N. Grand Avenue East, Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed between 12-noon 1:00 p.m. each day)
- Lincoln Library, 326 S. Seventh Street, Monday-Wednesday 10:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m. Thursday Friday 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m. Saturday 10:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Sunday 1:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m.
- Municipal Center East and West (Lobbies in both buildings), 800 E. Monroe Street and 300 S. Seventh Street, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sangamon County Jail (Lobby), 1 Sheriffs Plaza, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week
- Sangamon County Building (Main Lobby), 200 S. 9th Street, Monday-Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sangamon County Public Health, 2833 South Grand Avenue East, Monday 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Tuesday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Senior Services of Central Illinois, 701 W. Mason Street, Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- St. John’s Breadline, 430 N. 5th Street, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and then from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday-Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Springfield Overflow Shelter (Overnight Warming Center) will open on Sunday evening, November 12, at 6:00 p.m. It is located at 1015 E. Madison Street and will be open 7 days a week from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Springfield Urban League, 100 N. 11th Street, Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- U-Turn Life Center, 1023 E. Washington Street (other side of Helping Hands), Tuesday-Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Wal-Mart Supercenter (North), 2760 N. Dirksen Parkway, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week
- Wal-Mart Supercenter (West), 3401 Freedom Drive, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week
- Washington Street Mission, 408 N. 4th Street, Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
These businesses will serve as warming stations during the stated hours. Questions about this list may be directed to Juan Huerta, Director of Community Relations at 217.789.2270.